BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION
LET'S END SEXUAL ASSAULT & FAMILY VIOLENCE
Community Violence Solutions provides support services to child and adult victims of sexual assault and their families.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
Our crisis hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Latest From CV Solutions
Veralene Garrett Memorial Scholarship
To honor and celebrate the incredible contribution and impact Veralene made in her 25 years of service, the Community Violence Solutions Board of Directors has established the Veralene Garrett Memorial Scholarship. The $2,500 annual scholarship will be awarded each year to a college student pursuing a degree in the social sciences and planning to work in a profession focused on public service and helping people in crisis.
- Every 68 seconds another American is sexually assaulted.
- 1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed, 2.8% attempted).
- About 3% of American men—or 1 in 33—have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.
- From 2009-2013, Child Protective Services agencies substantiated, or found strong evidence to indicate that, 63,000 children a year were victims of sexual abuse.
- A majority of child victims are 12-17. Of victims under the age of 18: 34% of victims of sexual assault and rape are under age 12, and 66% of victims of sexual assault and rape are age 12-17.
Rape & Sexual Assault
According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, one in five women and one in seven men will be a victim of sexual assault in their lifetime.
According to the CDC, a report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds and 4 to 7 children die from child abuse every day in the US due to abuse or neglect.
Persons aged 18-24 years experience the highest rate of stalking. One in 6 women and one in 19 men in the United States have experienced stalking during their lifetime.
According to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, 1 in 6 endangered runaways reported to them were likely sex trafficking victims.
Our Support Services
Rape Crisis Center
Community Violence Solutions’ Rape Crisis Center responds to nearly 2000 requests for help each year. Staff and trained volunteers are on call to provide support both by phone and in-person, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Community Violence Solutions provides prevention and outreach services throughout Contra Costa and Marin Counties to raise awareness of the issue of sexual violence and to teach risk reduction strategies.
Sexual Assault Response Team
SART, Community Violence Solutions’ Sexual Assault Response Team, provides a pool of specially trained on-call sexual assault nurse examiners to respond to the special needs of sexual assault victims.
Community Violence Solutions’ Rape Crisis Center is a collaborating partner in the county-wide Anti Trafficking project. Helping adults, children, teens exposed to the sex industry and labor exploitation.
Children's Interview Center
The Children’s Interview Center of Contra Costa, a program of Community Violence Solutions, provides a variety of specialized services to children who have been sexually abused and their non-offending family members.